4 positions available
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Instruct and teach assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Assigning work, correcting and marking work carried out by his/her students.
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning, with responsibility for the order and progress of his/her classes.
- Prepare for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of the principal.
- Assist students in setting and maintaining standards of classroom behavior.
- Enforce in the classroom high standards of behavior, including the set school rules.
- Ensure that all pupils are at all times in the proper school uniform.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities with responsibility for the neatness of his/her room and the proper care of all furniture and supplies.
- Keep an inventory of all resources within his/her classroom and conduct regular checks to account for allocated resources
- Evaluate student progress on a regular basis.
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual or groups of pupils.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law.
- Be available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the normal learning hours when required or requested to do so.
- Comply with and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, and School Board policies.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings as well as other professional meetings called by the administrative staff.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Must have P1 certification
- Must be TSC Registered
- Must be trained on the Competency Based Curriculum
- At least 4 years teaching early child hood learners (Pre-primary and Grades 1 to 3)
- Speak and write English fluently and communicate clearly
- Able to provide a nurturing and caring environment for all students
- Experience teaching online is an added advantage