Click on the relevant position you’re applying for directly below to go to the relevant section
The successful candidate shall be responsible for the following roles:
- Class teaching and handling overall class supervision;
- Formulating educational plans and developing strategies for the institutional management;
- Overseeing the academic standards and records, timetables and schemes of work at the institution;
- Initiating and conducting educational courses, conferences, seminars and workshops;
- Participation in curriculum development panels;
- Guidance and counseling of pupils and teachers’
- Experienced in marketing services for learning institutions.
- Client relations duties such as meetings with parents
- Conduct learner admissions
- Maintain learner records from admissions to graduation/transfer
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time by the management.
For appointment to this position, an applicant must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor or Diploma in Education or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Valid registration certificate with TSC.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in teaching and one year in similar position.
- Shown merit and ability in school management, sales. marketing and school growth, examination results and in the initiation of co-curricular programmes and events
- Demonstrate the qualities of diligence, integrity, team work, initiative & innovation, flexibility & resilience, good communication skills, strong leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated competence in understanding of national education policies, interpretation and their implementation, relevant provisions in Education Code of Regulations for Teachers, Code of Conduct and Ethics, Children’s Act and other relevant regulations
Terms of Employment
The successful candidate will be employed on a one year renewable contract term with initial three (3) months’ probation period. Subsequent renewal of contract will be based on performance as evaluated through appraisal process. Candidates who meet these requirements and are interested should apply via the school website at www.thekennethacademy.com/careers
Application must be received on or before 30th July, 2021 All applications must be done through the given form below.
The Kenneth Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any fee during recruitment process.
The successful applicant will assist in day to day running of the finance department at The Kenneth Academy by ensuring all daily transactions are captured correctly and promptly to enable the production of various accounting reports.
The internship will run for a period of 6 months with a possibility of employment if confirmed.
Starting pay for the internship position is Kshs 8,500 per month
- Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Commerce
- Holder of CPA IV or its equivalent
- Must be proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Applications
- Candidates must have at least 1-year working experience working with accounts in a similar position
- Experience in the Education industry is an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Documenting financial transactions by entering accounts information
- Custody and maintenance of books of accounts and accountable documents
- Ensuring proper fees records are kept at all times
- Ensuring a proper paper trail for each transaction is kept
- Developing management mechanism of school’s resources & statutory compliance
- Working with auditors in ensuring accountability
- Preparation and monitoring of school’s budget
- Payroll processing and disbursement
- Undertaking timely submission of taxes and statutory deductions and records all such payments shall be correctly filed e.g. NHIF, NSSF and PAYE.
- Managing the asset register, liabilities and stock control.
- Preparing daily, weekly and monthly Bank reconciliation.
- Analyzing expenditure and income on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Assisting in company budgeting and planning.
- Complying with state financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintaining customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The successful applicant will be responsible for the development of business opportunities that support the school’s growth and profitability whilst maintaining strong and close relationships with our clients(existing and potential parents), ensuring visibility, and delivery of high – quality customer service.
- Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related fields
- At least 2 years of professional experience in marketing, client/customer relationship building, and/or event promotions.
- Market savvy / Business Development
- Proactive, Strategic Thinking and Drive for Execution
- Knowledge of online and social media marketing
- Experience in the education sector is an added advantage
Duties and Responsibilities
- Increasing Enrollment
- Responsible for Marketing and Admissions
- Promoting the school brand
- Online marketing of the school
- Creating, promoting and conducting school admissions and marketing programs.
- Developing growth strategies and plans
- Finding and following new sales leads
- Arranging business meetings and one-on-one conversations with prospective clients
- Preparing and presenting reports on marketing and promotional activities
- Advising on best practices to carry out school admission, marketing, promotional activities and client services
- Other duties as may be assigned
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Instruct and teach assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Assigning work, correcting and marking work carried out by his/her students.
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning, with responsibility for the order and progress of his/her classes.
- Prepare for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of the principal.
- Assist students in setting and maintaining standards of classroom behavior.
- Enforce in the classroom high standards of behavior, including the set school rules.
- Ensure that all pupils are at all times in the proper school uniform.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities with responsibility for the neatness of his/her room and the proper care of all furniture and supplies.
- Keep an inventory of all resources within his/her classroom and conduct regular checks to account for allocated resources
- Evaluate student progress on a regular basis.
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual or groups of pupils.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law.
- Be available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the normal learning hours when required or requested to do so.
- Comply with and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, and School Board policies.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings as well as other professional meetings called by the administrative staff.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Must have P1 certification
- Must be TSC Registered
- Must be trained on the Competency Based Curriculum
- At least 4 years teaching early years (Pre-primary and Grades 1 to 3)
- Speak and write English fluently and communicate clearly
- Able to provide a nurturing and caring environment for all students
- Experience teaching online is an added advantage